Proudly created with Wix.com

PRIVACY POLICY                                                  DISCLAIMER                                      

The Greek capital can become “center of the world” with the Hellinikon Project

 

A leading developer has said the much anticipated 8 billion euro Hellinikon Project on the Athenian Riviera can place Athens in the “center of the world” as prime leisure and business destination, according to Mario Kontomerkos, CEO of Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment (MGE), based in Connecticut, USA.

“Athens has the chance to become the center of the Integrated Resort Casino (IRC) world because with a two-hour flight it is connected to 19 countries with 6 percent of the world’s population and 25 percent of the global GDP,” Kontomerkos said during a panel discussion at the Delphi Economic Forum 2019, which was held in Delphi earlier this month.

The Hellinikon project aims to develop Athens’ former airport complex into a multi-purpose hub complete with a metropolitan park, shops, offices, sports and conference facilities, luxury hotels, theme parks, museums, malls, cultural venues, health centers, educational and research facilities, and a marina.

MGE is reportedly among the international companies interested in the project which also includes the creation of an IRC.

“Athens has an unprecedented opportunity to create an integrated resort destination, where only 5 percent of the floor area will be a casino, and the other 95 percent non-gaming facilities, with sites and amenities that can attract 5-10 million people,” Kontomerkos added.

Source: greekcitytimes.com

Did you like this article? Share it with your friends!

 

SUBSCRIBE-2.jpg
PARTNER.jpg